Masseria Pistola originated as a simple one storey building which was probably built in the early 1600s. The original house was enlarged to become a two storey gable roofed Cumersa house in the late 1700s.
The Casolare della sposa (bridal cottage) with its original chapel date stone shows 1766. The farmsted was further expanded with the addition of pagliari and trulli as the farms animal population of horses and cattle expanded. These nowmake up the masseriola or little masseria.
Today all the farmsted buildings have been completed renovated by the same design team as Masseria Petrarolo. There are a total of 10 en-suites, 3 kitchens and various living and dining spaces. The main pool, tennis court and over 3 hectares of walled gardens.
The main Cumersa, the Masseriola, and the Casolare della Sposa are all rented together as one single holiday home.